Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DarthVaron
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2003 :  01:11:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hya!

I'm new here,

I was thinking about get dressed of Raistlin Majere for the birthday of a friend of mine. Do anyone know about someone else who have done it?
You know if I can get lents with the shape of his eyes?

Estarian
Starting Member

Greece
15 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2003 :  07:57:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was once dressed in a Raistlin costume for our version of Halloween.
Uhmm..I couldnt find contact lenses in that shape though..If you cant afford to buy a costume from an appropriate shop,it is fairly easy to make one yourself.The construction of the staff was a bit tricky (it took me 4 days to make the dragon claw) but otherwise it is easy.Be careful about the golden skin paint..I was duped the first time I bought it and it was glittery,which we dont want!!we want Raistlin to have golden tint on the skin not to look like a mid-eighties disco ball

My breath gives birth to storms
My blood is the essence of the night
Go to Top of Page

Kenders_Evenstar
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2003 :  00:40:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im dressing as either raist,tas,or goldmoon for halloween.Makeup can do ALOT for halloween...lol...if im tas im gonna go around peoples houses and like grab thweir mail and walk up to the door reading it...then say "it must have fallen out!!!i meant to return it!!"...anyways...

Go to Top of Page

Fizban
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  12:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey if any1 sees this could u tell me were to get a raistlin costume PLEASE?????????! ! ! !

Go to Top of Page

Maralys Deeppockets
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2003 :  02:35:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm, well my boyfriend just got a set of (red) Raistlin robes. If you're up to sewing or have a crafty friend, you might try making some.

You'll need a cloak http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wittie/sca/garb/cloak.html

and a set of robes. something like:
http://www.ad500.org.uk/vicus/documents/tunicpattern.htm
Lenghten the hem that's near the ground a bit, you'll need it to bunch up at the waist. Don't forget to add seam allowance.

a belt, some pouches and you've got the clothing.

As for contacts, some eye doctors in our area offer colored contacts. You could probably get away with just gold. Or, you might be able to special order some, but it will probably cost quite a bit.

If you want gold skin, go to the local craft store. Find a bottle of metalic gold acrylic paint. Mix this about 50/50 with some moisturizer or lotion. TEST A SMALL PATCH OF YOUR SKIN. (Try the inside of the elbow. Reactions are no fun.) If nothing happens after a day, then you're home free.

As for the staff, I think you might be best off making one from a length of PVC pipe and clay with a large marble to sit in the claw. Some paint and it should look just right.

Good luck!

Oh, is this yours?
Go to Top of Page

lord_soth
Starting Member

New Zealand
37 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2005 :  06:44:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMFG...I just said today to myself...how cool would it be to have raistlins eyes...golden hourglasses...they would be sooo cool...
then I came to the conclusion that I could get custom contacts probably...omg and then about 20mins later/ago I was checking for responses on my casting-raistlin thread and I saw this thread...OMG deijavu
yea...im pretty sure that you can get custom contact lenses...but theyre probably really expensive

Fistandantilus-"You think your better than these?"
Raistlin-"You know I am!"
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
670 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2005 :  00:03:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Golden eyes, eh? lol... sounds right up my alley!! Well, I really think it’d be awesome to have golden contacts, I often considered checking around for them, and even seeing if I could have them modified for hourglass eyes... of course I can definitely say I don’t have the moola at this point because I’m sure they’re really pricey. I’d just like to see the salesperson’s face when I ask for golden hourglass contacts

“We pity him. We hate him. We fear him – all because there is a little of him in each of us, though we admit it to ourselves only in the darkest part of the night.”—Justarius
Go to Top of Page

lord_soth
Starting Member

New Zealand
37 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2005 :  11:06:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
golden eyes for Golden_eyes...LOL.

yea...expensive...Ill bet they are.
might be better to just get plain gold ones...much cheaper

Fistandantilus-"You think your better than these?"
Raistlin-"You know I am!"
Go to Top of Page

Haralion

Canada
959 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2005 :  17:32:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
then again why bother to pay for those if they dont have the actual hourglasses, no?

"Pain is temporary, film is forever" , Peter Jackson
Go to Top of Page

Valiant797

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2005 :  21:30:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only problem with hourglass contacts... what happens when you rub your eye. Suddenly, you've got one hourglass and ><

Maybe Raist would freeze time with his sideways eye.

"If fortune favors the foolish, and fortune favors the bold, does fortune favor the foolishly bold?"
Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2005 :  01:58:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You could just do like they do with bifocal contacts. weight one end so they stay upright

Go to Top of Page

Melancholic-Symphony
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2009 :  02:08:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Instead of creating a new topic, I thought I'd post on this since I happened to see it. Plus, it can be of good reference.

I've found this site here that sells custom contacts. If you wish to spend a good deal of money, you will get the quality. They accept custom orders, since these are hand painted, so I'm sure hourglass eyes won't be difficult for them at all. Who knows, it might make it as a permanent thing if enough people ask. Word of mouth travels quickly.

----------------------
Artist of many trades.
Go to Top of Page

elvish lad

United Kingdom
385 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2009 :  18:07:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having golden hourglass contact lenses would be amazing!
to think how many people you freak out! I would get them just for
that effect alone. lol!

"Allonsey"- The Doctor
"He Who Dares, Wins"- Del Boy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000