Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Rastlin Majere

USA
87 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2003 :  08:00:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i need to know the 3rd edition character stats for Raistlin, Fistandantilus, and Magius. (such as challenge ratings, hit dice, AC, # of spells per day (known), Skills, or any other stats anyone can provide. thanx

(my freind thinks Elmisnster can beat raistlin and fistandantilus toghether hehe)

"I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. I am born in this moment, and if i fail, I will die this moment."

- Raistlin Majere

Zpud

Denmark
238 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2003 :  12:25:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have the statistics on any of the characters, but even if Elminster's stats are higher than Raistlin's, he maybe could beat him in the game... But when reading the books and comparing their powers, Elminster would have his fine little arse kicked!
Raistlin is the most powerful wizard in any fantasy series - he beats all the gods of Krynn in the future, remember? =:)

Go to Top of Page

Rastlin Majere

USA
87 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2003 :  03:57:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol

"I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. I am born in this moment, and if i fail, I will die this moment."

- Raistlin Majere
Go to Top of Page

Zpud

Denmark
238 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2003 :  00:16:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing to laugh about, Raistlin would own him...

Go to Top of Page

Rastlin Majere

USA
87 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2003 :  19:17:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you forget my first statement, he thinks Elminster can beat Raistlin AND Fistandantilus at the same time (laff) thats why its humorious, raist alone would own elminster, i think fistan alone also, would own elminster

- Raistlin Majere
Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2003 :  22:21:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No offense you guys but...

WHO CARES?!?!?!??

This is like discussing whether or not Superman could stop the Juggernaut. This is a MOVIE FORUM. Please take this tripe somewhere else. Unless, of course, the MODERATOR, would like to create another forum for off topic stuff.

Edited by - Woggie on 12/31/2003 22:23:34
Go to Top of Page

Goblin21x

USA
1452 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2004 :  10:00:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well my kiddies I hopped onto this here forum after 6 months of never even looking at this stie...some may say damn hes back....some may have missed me. I mostly logged back on to get the member silvaras email addy...but my curiosity took hold of me and I just had to see what was on the topics. Not much going on on this message board since we (me and my buddies) stopped chatting. Maybe I will talk again and pour forth my wisdom :) I am a wee bit dissapointed that I still have the most posts on the forum and I have been gone for 6 months...but oh well. Now onto the topic (sorry had to get all that out)

Raistlin vs. Elminster.

Here is the rundown. I think elminster would take him....and most likely fistandantalis along with him. The reason why I say this is because the way that DL is set up (in D&D terms of course) is that the diffrent moons are limited to only a few ranges of spells. Not only that but raistlin doesnt use magic items (except for a select few) where as elminster will use anything that will give him an advantage and will not fight fair....plus fistandantalis is a pansy for his part. It is like compairing batman vs superman. Batman will win everytime. Why? He doesnt fight fair and uses any tool he can get a hold of to win. That is elminster. Plus all he needs is toss shandril at them and they are both screwed beyond belife :) (for those not savvy in forgoten realms shandril is a spellfire user who absorbs magical energy and turns it into raw magical energy in a form of fire that will destroy just about anything.) So to sum up (I know to late) Raist and Fistandantalis are severly limited in what they can use and added with the fact that Raist wont use magic items and fistandantalis being weaker then Raist they wouldent hold up to elminster...afterall it was partly due to elminster that myth drannor was created :) Thanks for reading.

He who is destined to be an ogre
Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2004 :  20:04:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Gobby, nice to "see" you again. The place is gettin kinda boring without someone to argue with. So are you back or is this a short term deal?

Go to Top of Page

Goblin21x

USA
1452 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2004 :  04:22:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well as long as no one picks on little ol me :) (yeah right) I may be inclined to post with you crazy folk! But hey man thanks for the welcome back...glad to see someone still cares

Go to Top of Page

Rastlin Majere

USA
87 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2004 :  02:18:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey woggie, theres no need to be an ass, if you dont like what we are discussing then dont read it

- Raistlin Majere
Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2004 :  14:40:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No ass intended, but this is a movie forum. And my objective was to get JUSTARIUS, or whoever the MODERATOR is now to put in a section for this kind of stuff. That way, those of us that are interested in the movie aspects of the series can have our discussions here, and those of us that wish to discuss the gaming aspects can have their own discussions. Then everyone is happy and the site owners can expand their ads to a broader audience (more people=more money).

Go to Top of Page

RaistlinN16
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2004 :  01:38:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Goblin, I think you're the only person I have ver met that says Batman could take Superman. I mean, come on Batman may have a bunch of tools, but Superman doesn't need those small advantages to win, because he has the HUGE advantages of his super powers. He is faster than a speeding bullet, Batman would even know Superman was there until he was down on the floor bleeding and crying like a little baby! And that brings me to the point that just because Eliminster will use every advantage, doesn't mean he will win, because Raistlin is much more powerful than Eliminster will ever be, seeing as he beat down all the GREATER gods in the DL campaign. So obviously Raistlin could have easily taken him.

Go to Top of Page

Goblin21x

USA
1452 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2004 :  03:13:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok first off I have been made an offer to be the new moderator here! Wohoo! go me. Yes I will see what I can do to get a general discussion thread going :)

NOW! Onto my reply to the post by RaistlinN16. When you read this please know I am not being condecending. With that out of the way... Have you read any of the batman/superman stuff? How many times has batman beat the everliving crap out of superman? Just in case you dont know, batman has a kryptonite ring. With this ring he handles the buisness. That all he needs...ontop of all the other toys he has :) Now as to raistlin. Have you read any of the RPG books that show how cool either of those characters are? Rait is 20th level and elminster is at least 23rd level (and with a whole lot more gadgets and spells). The gods in DL in comparison to Forgotten Realms are pretty pathetic. I have always said "Dragonlance has the best stories, but was the worst playing system"

Go to Top of Page

Rastlin Majere

USA
87 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2004 :  02:26:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanx goblin. (woggie, duely noted)

hey by the way, you think Malys could take Elminster? they both have challenge ratings of 39.

- Raistlin Majere

Edited by - Rastlin Majere on 01/12/2004 02:30:00
Go to Top of Page

RaistlinN16
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2004 :  03:34:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry about the Batman/Superman thing Goblin, I had wrongly assumed you were reffering to the movie versions of these two super heroes and I have never read any of the comics. However, I really don't think you can say Eliminster could beat Raistlin based on those stats(wherever you got them) seeing as the stats change from edition to edition and for wherever you got Raistlin's I think it may have been printed before any epic level handbook was made hence it would be hard for them to make him say 25th level, but they made him the most powerful they possibly could. But, anyways, these stats change all the time from edition to edition based on what books are printed. In the current 3rd edition Eliminster is listed as 40th level in the forgotten realms campaign book. Also I don't see how you can really say which of the gods (Forgotten Realms or Dragonlance) are more powerful than the other. So, assuming they use the same type of god type classification system that is printed for all the D&D game Thakisis would be probably classified as a greater god or at least and imtermediate if you wanted to argue that Chaos was the Greater god and there is no overgod(AO in FR). In both second and third edition by looking at stats, it is pretty easy to see that the intermediate and greater gods are always much more powerful than Eliminster, And Raistlin beat a greater/intermediate God. So, I still think Raistlin could take Eliminster, based on the fact that he took down a God, and in his actual prime (Godhood) he took down all of the gods of Krynn.

Go to Top of Page

Agnosticus_Caesar
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2004 :  03:37:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just recently read "Elminster in Hell" (I have also read ALL of the Dragonlance novels, including "The New Generation"). According to what I remember of Planescape, Elminster is a proxy (direct representative...in Christianity, that would be an arch-angel) of his Goddess. He literally sealed a rift that joined The Prime Material Plane with the uppermost level of Baator (Hell). Of course, this wiped him out, and he wound up being a plaything to a greator demon for a good long while, but he had the power to do that, WITHOUT PREPARATION. His goddess even entered Baator and "raised Hell" looking for him. One thing that has to be remembered was that Raistlin became a god, and beat the gods because of KNOWLEDGE, not sheer power. THAT is what makes Raistlin a real bastard to have as an enemy. He will find out everything about you, even if it takes a decade, then he will summarily defeat you. If it came to a simple toe-to-toe magical brawl, Elminster would flatten him.

hjm
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000