Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Quazi176
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  17:41:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

My first time posting here. I did a search and nothing came up about what I'm going to talk about. Most posts are years old, so it seems this site doesn't get much traffic. I've read that a movie was being looked in to years back, but the only project that arose was a cartoon version of Dragons of Autumn Twilight (Which flopped, but I'm sure most here still liked it, like me. It just didn't do the books justice.) We all wanted more.

With the Lord of the Rings three movie series making a huge hit on the big screen, we all thought it would pump life into more adventure fantasy movies. In some ways it has.

I think we can all agree how successful Game of Thrones has been. This HBO series is another fantastic character driven story which the follows the books extremely well. Even the special effects have done the series justice. The HBO Original Series format gives each episode time to develope the characters and story line as the books. This is what the author's want and this is what we want. Am I right? I think so!

From what I've read, it seems money is the problem for making a big screen version of Dragonlance...no one wants to take a chance on it in Hollywood it seems, but we all know how Dragonlance would top Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones. Or at least that's how I feel. I wonder if Tracy or Margaret has approached HBO or Showtime (Just not the SciFi channel!) about making their novels into Original series projects. One season would be equivalent to a 10-15hr movie. Once it catches on, then producers would come out of the woodwork to finance a major motion picture since Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones have obviously made money.

How do you feel about Dragonlance as an HBO Original Series? Sure would beat another cartoon and it would allow Tracy and Margaret to tell their story the way it needs to be told. Your thoughts?

Q

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  18:04:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to DLMS Quazi176 you unfortunatly had the same misfortune as I to come across this wonderful site a year or two late and missing some of the best action but there are still members here to keep it alive.

Now onto ur topic I am none of those that absolutely detested the animated movie and I think that it will severyly damage any chance of ever haveing a live film made. No one wants to take a chance on it you say well I dont see why its a great story and its fan base would certinly trump Lord of the Rings at least. An HBO series would at least open the door I think it would be a great idea.

"Ladies and Gentilman welcome to my life again" Sonata Artica
Go to Top of Page

HammerFall

863 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  20:05:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be a great Idea but I dont think that if they did a movie or show it would never be better then LOTR im sorry its way to great to be beat by Dragon Lance.
Go to Top of Page

RaistlinsLight23
Advanced Member

USA
2443 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2012 :  00:04:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be thrilled with anything, just something for me to visually enjoy these wonderful stories. Seriously, as long as it was done well. Somebody just needs to do it before I die.

"Raistlin!" It was Crysania's voice. Lifting his gaze, he saw her standing before him, holding his hands away from his face, her eyes wide and filled with concern.
"I'm all right", Raistlin said coldly. "Leave me alone!" But, even as he spoke, he sighed and lowered his head again, shuddering as the horror of the dream washed over him. Pulling a clean cloth from a pocket, he began to dab at the wounds on his face.
"No, you're not", Crysania murmured, taking the cloth from his shaking hands and gently touching the bleeding gouges. "Please, let me do this", she said, as he snarled something unintelligible. "I know you wont let me heal you, but there is a clear stream near. Come, drink some water, rest and let me wash these".
Sharp, bitter words were on Raistlin's lips. He raised a hand to thrust her away. But then he realized he didn't want her to leave. The darkness of the dream receded when she was with him. The touch of warm, human flesh was comforting after the cold fingers of death.
And so, he nodded with a weary sigh.

Edited by - RaistlinsLight23 on 07 Aug 2012 00:05:14
Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2012 :  05:46:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to DLMS Quazi176!!!! Glad to have you here,and that sounds like a magnificent idea. I would sign up to get HBO if they did that!!!

Raist.... "I would be thrilled with anything, just something for me to visually enjoy these wonderful stories. Seriously, as long as it was done well. Somebody just needs to do it before I die"

Please do not say that, for I will more than likely be the one "Pushing Daisies" before it comes on The Big Screen.....

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

-Edmund Burke-
Go to Top of Page

RaistlinsLight23
Advanced Member

USA
2443 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2012 :  05:51:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awwww...no. It will come soon. It has too! Okay, it has to come before any more fans get to that stage!!!!

"Raistlin!" It was Crysania's voice. Lifting his gaze, he saw her standing before him, holding his hands away from his face, her eyes wide and filled with concern.
"I'm all right", Raistlin said coldly. "Leave me alone!" But, even as he spoke, he sighed and lowered his head again, shuddering as the horror of the dream washed over him. Pulling a clean cloth from a pocket, he began to dab at the wounds on his face.
"No, you're not", Crysania murmured, taking the cloth from his shaking hands and gently touching the bleeding gouges. "Please, let me do this", she said, as he snarled something unintelligible. "I know you wont let me heal you, but there is a clear stream near. Come, drink some water, rest and let me wash these".
Sharp, bitter words were on Raistlin's lips. He raised a hand to thrust her away. But then he realized he didn't want her to leave. The darkness of the dream receded when she was with him. The touch of warm, human flesh was comforting after the cold fingers of death.
And so, he nodded with a weary sigh.

Edited by - RaistlinsLight23 on 07 Aug 2012 05:51:59
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2012 :  05:57:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HammerFall

It would be a great Idea but I dont think that if they did a movie or show it would never be better then LOTR im sorry its way to great to be beat by Dragon Lance.

You dont even know Dragonlance so how can you say that? Read the books before u open ur mouth that big.

Go to Top of Page

Fizban Who

USA
32527 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2012 :  06:24:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tisk.... tisk.....

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

-Edmund Burke-
Go to Top of Page

HammerFall

863 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2012 :  19:51:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can say what I want cuz. Gee talk about you get mad so easy. its not my falt that I dont read much about dragonlance ok shoot me.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2012 :  05:44:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its not ur falt? What kind of a dumb thing to say is that? Reading is a choice cuz, the books are ten bucks where does falt come in? And you would be pretty mad if I were to say that Metallica sucks compared to Blind Guardian.

Go to Top of Page

HammerFall

863 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2012 :  15:33:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that's because they do suck BG is way better then Metallica. no love loss there lol. But hey its just that the mind of J.R.R Tolkien cant be beat.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2012 :  22:59:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tolkien was not the only man that could make a great book. Magrate Wies and Tracy Hickman are amazeing authors. With the fan base their books have a Dragonlance movie could easily be a block buster.

Go to Top of Page

HammerFall

863 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2012 :  01:39:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh is that so........
Go to Top of Page

HammerFall

863 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2012 :  01:43:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
trust me when I say if they ever did a DL movie it will never be as good as LOTR and peter Jackson. Peter Jackson Peter Jackson.
Go to Top of Page

dark mage

Canada
29908 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2012 :  06:07:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok now u are just doing this to tick me off You dont know anything about Dragonlance.

Go to Top of Page

HammerFall

863 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2012 :  16:32:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my dad has some books by them so if I did want to read them and understand them and stuff then I can. and is that the only point you want to make is that I dont know dragonlance because if it is then I think you made yyour point last post you made. and dont get everyone on your side and hate me just because I dont know dragonlance.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000